“Wahid qahwah min fadlik.”
“Un caffè per favore.”
“Un café au lait, s’il vous plaît.”
“Bir kahve lütfen.”
There is a word in every vernacular language connecting diverse cultures across the globe. Coffee, a popular choice of beverage, is a perfect start to the day for most people. Brewing your favorite blend has become easier and quicker with time. There are sleek, elegant designs of coffee machines on every countertop in homes, offices, conference rooms, and hotels. Within a few seconds, you can have your steaming cup of Italian roast ready by using coffee pods or capsules. It all began as a sensational idea of Éric Favre in mid 1970s when Nespresso introduced the first-ever single-serve coffee capsule. Here are some famous single-serve coffee brands known for their versions of coffee pods and capsules.
Nespresso – Switzerland
Nespresso’s lines of Vertuo and Original coffee capsules have earned a global reputation for their rich tastes and distinctive aromas. Ready to be placed in your coffee machine, the capsules instantly brew your single-cup inspiration for the day.
- Vertuo 40 Capsule Dark Roast Pack is a bestseller choice for dark roasts. The pack includes Nespresso’s popular coffees like Intenso, Stormio, Odacio, and Bianco Forte to suit your preference for sweet, smoky, or balanced flavors.
- Original 30 Capsule Barista Creations Pack is a bestselling pack under the Original line of capsules. This barista-inspired assortment has 3 sleeves, each one for Chiaro, Scuro, and Corto coffees.
Keurig – USA
Famous for its trademarked K-Cups, the Keurig system has a wide collection of brands for single-serving capsules and pods. All such containers do pose a threat to the environment, and the company has launched recycling programs to minimize its plastic footprint. Some of the most popular brands under Keurig are:
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters: Among various flavors from the brand, Breakfast Blend Light Roast Coffee has a balanced sweetness with a silky texture. It is one of the best customer choices and made of 100% Arabica coffee.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Of its many varieties, Original Blend Coffee is smooth and packed with flavor. The K-Cup pods are ready to fix your morning brew with a distinct taste of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee.
- Starbucks: Every blend of Starbucks’ K-Cup pods is unique and supremely revitalizing. Pike Place Roast Coffee, in particular, is famous for its medium roast brew. The perfect fusion of Latin American coffee with cocoa and toasted nuts makes it a top beverage choice throughout the day.
- The Original Donut Shop: Medium roast K-Cups for The Original Donut Shop Coffee contain freshly ground beans for consistently rejuvenating coffee every time. The extra bold flavor makes each pod more intense than other varieties.
- Folgers: Classic Roast Coffee from Folgers’ collection is made of mountain-grown beans that pour the richest taste into every steaming cup. You just need to put the K-Cup pod in Keurig brewer and enjoy your favorite Folgers coffee during work breaks.
Lavazza – Italy
The single-serve original coffee from Lavazza is available in Keurig K-cups and capsules that are Nespresso machine-compatible. Lavazza’s coffee line explores authentic Italian blends, including Classico, Perfetto, Gran Aroma, and many more. The beans have global origins and are combined with cocoa, spices, or toasted nuts to create velvety and aromatic flavors. Two of these blends are as follows:
- Decaffeinato Ricco: Brazilian Arabica and Southeast Asian Robusta are processed into sweet, velvety blends. Cereal and dried fruit aroma turn every single-serve Espresso into a memorable, harmonized taste.
- Espresso Armonico: South American Arabica coffee beans are ground with roasted cereals and caramel for an intense, dark coffee. The pack includes 10 capsules of full-bodied flavor for each single-serve Espresso cup.